Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Classifies, catalogs, and maintains library of computer tapes: Classifies reels and cartridges of magnetic computer tape according to content, purpose, principal user, date generated, or other criteria.
- 2) Assigns identification number, following standard system.
- 3) Prepares catalog of tapes classified, using logbook and computer.
- 4) Stores tapes according to classification and identification number.
- 5) Issues tapes and maintains charge-out records.
- 6) Inspects returned tapes and notifies supervisor when tapes are worn or damaged.
- 7) Removes obsolete tapes from library, following data retention requirements.
- 8) May send tapes to vendor for cleaning and to off-site location for secure storage.
- 9) May maintain files of program developmental records and operating instructions.
- 10) May work in computer room operations, performing tasks such as loading and removing paper and printouts and reels of tape.
Is being a "TAPE LIBRARIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TAPE LIBRARIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TAPE LIBRARIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TAPE LIBRARIAN"
Job Number: 10983