Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends equipment that refines silver in electrolysis tank: Suspends silver anodes contained in canvas bags, between stainless-steel cathodes held on rack.
- 2) Aligns and spaces anodes to prevent dislodging by mechanical scrapers.
- 3) Swabs cathodes with oil to facilitate removal of deposited silver.
- 4) Lowers rack of electrodes into tank and fills tank with silver nitrate electrolyte.
- 5) Connects and starts wooden scrapers that scrape deposited silver from cathode.
- 6) Scrapes remaining silver from cathode with knife and opens bottom of rack to empty silver into box.
- 7) Removes bags containing depleted anodes and black mud.
- 8) Examines bags for holes and broken frames and replaces defective parts.
- 9) May mix acid and silver to prepare electrolyte solution, following standard formula.
Is being a "TANK TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TANK TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TANK TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TANK TENDER"
Job Number: 10967