Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Erects metal tanks used to store crude oil at oil fields, utilizing knowledge of overall construction techniques and using handtools: Directs helpers in grading area for tank base.
- 2) Verifies grade, using spirit level.
- 3) Bolts tank sections together and inserts felt or asbestos sealing strips between joints to assemble and erect tank bottoms, sides, and covers, using wrenches.
- 4) Bolts attachments, such as ladders, pipe flanges, gauges, and valves, to tank, using wrenches.
- 5) Directs helpers in erection of scaffolds and assembly of tank sections.
- 6) May erect wooden tanks.
Is being a "TANK SETTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TANK SETTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TANK SETTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TANK SETTER"
Job Number: 10965