Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls equipment to purify copper by electrorefining: Signals MONORAIL CRANE OPERATOR to lower impure copper anodes into tank filled with electrolyte.
- 2) Immerses copper starter sheets into tank.
- 3) Passes steel rod between electrodes to break off lumps which might cause short circuit and to verify specified clearance between electrodes.
- 4) Examines, cleans, and tightens electrical connections, using steel wool and handtools.
- 5) Turns on electrical current, and verifies voltage, using voltmeter.
- 6) Measures density of electrolyte, using hydrometer.
- 7) Observes deposition of copper on cathodes, and signals MONORAIL CRANE OPERATOR to remove coated cathodes and depleted anodes from tank after specified time.
- 8) Inspects tanks for defects, such as loose connections, leaks, deteriorated suspension bars and fittings, clogged floats, and drainage connections.
- 9) Repairs or replaces parts, or notifies maintenance department.
- 10) May cover lead sheets with primary coat of copper to make cathodes and be designated Starting-Sheet-Tank Operator.
- 11) May operate equipment that purifies copper through electrolysis without anodes and be designated Electro-Winning Operator.
Is being a "TANK-HOUSE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TANK-HOUSE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TANK-HOUSE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TANK-HOUSE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 10973