Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects, services, and tests railway tank cars used to transport compressed and liquefied gases: Connects flexible hose from suction line to car and opens valves on car and in blowoff line to facilitate removal of residual gas from used tank cars.
- 2) Removes safety and flow control valves from car with wrenches, replacing valves with reconditioned ones.
- 3) Examines car interior for defects and cleanliness, passing light beam into car and viewing it through valve openings or entering car through dome.
- 4) Washes interior with water and dries with steam.
- 5) Routes defective cars for repair.
- 6) Tests tanks for leaks.
Is being a "TANK-CAR INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "TANK-CAR INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "TANK-CAR INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "TANK-CAR INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 10970