Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing computer system: Confers with personnel of organizational units involved to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and learn specific input and output requirements, such as forms of data input, how data is to be summarized, and formats for reports.
- 2) Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer program.
- 3) Reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system.
- 4) Studies existing information processing systems to evaluate effectiveness and develops new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
- 5) Prepares workflow charts and diagrams to specify in detail operations to be performed by equipment and computer programs and operations to be performed by personnel in system.
- 6) Conducts studies pertaining to development of new information systems to meet current and projected needs.
- 7) Plans and prepares technical reports, memoranda, and instructional manuals as documentation of program development.
- 8) Upgrades system and corrects errors to maintain system after implementation.
- 9) May assist COMPUTER PROGRAMMER in resolution of work problems related to flow charts, project specifications, or programming.
- 10) May prepare time and cost estimates for completing projects.
- 11) May direct and coordinate work of others to develop, test, install, and modify programs.
Is being a "SYSTEMS ANALYST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SYSTEMS ANALYST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SYSTEMS ANALYST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SYSTEMS ANALYST"
Job Number: 10922