Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends battery of automatic swaging machines that form lead wire or slugs into bullets or cores for jacketed bullets: Threads lead wire from reel over takeup pulleys and through feed mechanism and between forming wheels, or fills machine hopper with cylindrical lead slugs.
- 2) Starts machine and observes feeding, forming, and ejecting mechanisms to detect malfunction.
- 3) Examines finished pieces for malformation and scratches.
- 4) Verifies weight, contour, and dimensions, using balance scale and fixed gauges.
- 5) Mixes oil and kerosene in prescribed proportion and fills machine wells to lubricate lead wire or slugs.
- 6) Notifies SWAGING-MACHINE ADJUSTER of machine malfunction.
- 7) May make minor adjustments, such as replacing worn dies, using handtools.
Is being a "SWAGING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SWAGING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SWAGING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SWAGING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 10889