"SURVEYOR, OIL-WELL DIRECTIONAL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Measures sonar, electrical, or radioactive characteristics of earth formations in oil- or gas-well boreholes to evaluate productivity of oil- or gas-bearing reservoirs, using sonic, electronic, or nuclear measuring instruments: Signals HOISTING ENGINEER to lower instruments into well, observing oscillograph and meters on control panel to verify operating condition of instruments.
- 2) Turns dials on control panel to adjust instrument for specified recording and starts recording device when instruments reach bottom of borehole.
- 3) Prints copies of recorded graphs in truck darkroom.
- 4) Interprets graphs for customer to indicate identity, porosity, oil- or gas-bearing content, and productivity of geological formations.
- 5) Measures borehole diameters, direction of borehole, and inclination of geological strata, using microcalipers, directional indicators, and dipmeters.
- 6) May be designated according to measuring instruments used as Acoustical Logging Engineer; Nuclear Logging Engineer.
Is being a "SURVEYOR, OIL-WELL DIRECTIONAL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SURVEYOR, OIL-WELL DIRECTIONAL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SURVEYOR, OIL-WELL DIRECTIONAL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SURVEYOR, OIL-WELL DIRECTIONAL"
Job Number: 10881