Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs surgery to correct deformities, repair injuries, prevent diseases, and improve function in patients: Examines patient to verify necessity of operation, estimate possible risk to patient, and determine best operational procedure.
- 2) Reviews reports of patient's general physical condition, reactions to medications, and medical history.
- 3) Examines instruments, equipment, and surgical setup to ensure that antiseptic and aseptic methods have been followed.
- 4) Performs operations, using variety of surgical instruments and employing established surgical techniques appropriate for specific procedures.
- 5) May specialize in particular type of operation, as on nervous system, and be designated Neurosurgeon.
- 6) May specialize in repair, restoration, or improvement of lost, injured, defective, or misshapen body parts and be designated Plastic Surgeon.
- 7) May specialize in correction or prevention of skeletal abnormalities, utilizing surgical, medical, and physical methodologies, and be designated Orthopedic Surgeon.
Is being a "SURGEON" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SURGEON" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SURGEON"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SURGEON"
Job Number: 10868