"SUPERVISOR, YARN PREPARATION"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in processing cotton and synthetic raw stock fibers into yarn, applying knowledge of fiber and yarn types, machines, and any combination of processes, such as picking, carding, combing, drawing, roving, spinning, twisting, spooling, and winding: Confers with other department heads to coordinate activities of different departments, determine processes underway and possible changes in production schedule, and availability of workers for shifts.
- 2) Examines yarn at various processing stages to detect variations from standards and inspects machines to detect malfunctions and damage to weaving surfaces.
- 3) Directs repair personnel to alter machine setup or to repair or overhaul processing machines to maintain product standards.
- 4) May creel and doff machines.
- 5) May set up, adjust, and repair machines.
- 6) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
- 7) Supervisors of workers engaged in specific yarn processing activities are classified accordingly.
Is being a "SUPERVISOR, YARN PREPARATION" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERVISOR, YARN PREPARATION" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERVISOR, YARN PREPARATION"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERVISOR, YARN PREPARATION"
Job Number: 10859