Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in receiving emergency or nonemergency calls, dispatching personnel and equipment, and providing prearrival instructions to callers: Prepares work schedules to ensure that sufficient shift personnel are available for work load demands, using knowledge of supervisory techniques, department regulations, and procedures.
- 2) Teaches emergency medical dispatch course to new employees, using dispatch simulator.
- 3) Reviews dispatch office operations to identify technical and operational training needs.
- 4) Teaches courses dealing with hazardous materials, highrise fires, and medical triage to update training for TELECOMMUNICATOR.
- 5) Meets with committees composed of representatives from fire and police departments, public, and other interested groups to develop, review, and update policies and procedures for dispatch office.
- 6) Pushes buttons, flips power switches, and reads gauges to determine serviceability of backup emergency equipment.
- 7) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
Is being a "SUPERVISOR, TELECOMMUNICATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERVISOR, TELECOMMUNICATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERVISOR, TELECOMMUNICATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERVISOR, TELECOMMUNICATOR"
Job Number: 10800