Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in spinning yarn: Reads production schedule for information, such as quantity of yarn, type of fiber, staple length, yarn size, quality and texture desired, and ultimate use of yarn.
- 2) Computes draft required to reduce roving to specified yarn size and drafting gear size to effect draft, using mathematical formulas and tables.
- 3) Determines spacing of drafting rollers according to staple length of fiber.
- 4) Analyzes yarn specifications to determine amount of twist to put into yarn.
- 5) Computes twist gear size, using mathematical formulas and tables.
- 6) Schedules changes in machine setup to produce yarn according to production schedule, issuing change instructions to SECTION LEADER AND MACHINE SETTER.
- 7) Examines yarn to detect variations from standards.
- 8) Schedules doffing of frames to avoid excessive downtime.
- 10) Participates in setup and adjustment of machines and equipment.
- 11) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
Is being a "SUPERVISOR, SPINNING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERVISOR, SPINNING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERVISOR, SPINNING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERVISOR, SPINNING"
Job Number: 10769