"SUPERVISOR, SPINNING AND WINDING"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in spinning and winding synthetic fibers, and sets up takeup machines that wind newly extruded synthetic fibers onto pirns: Observes machines, equipment, personnel, and work areas to detect faulty work habits, and to examine synthetic fibers for conformance to standards.
- 2) Inspects machine parts cleaned and assembled by designated worker to ensure conformance of parts to standard.
- 3) Confers with specified supervisory personnel regarding production and possible changes in process, personnel, or machines.
- 4) Interviews vendors and consults catalogs to obtain information on price and availability of parts and equipment.
- 5) Prepares and submits purchase orders to designated personnel.
- 6) Checks level of nitrogen in tanks outside plant and telephones supplier to order more nitrogen to maintain nitrogen at specified level.
- 7) Develops training manual to be used in training of workers.
- 8) Times roller and chuck speeds of takeup machines that wind newly extruded synthetic fibers onto pirns, using timing light and stopwatch.
- 9) Confers with and assists other workers in changing gear ratios of winding drive mechanism, using handtools, according to style of yarn to be processed and setup specifications.
- 10) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
Is being a "SUPERVISOR, SPINNING AND WINDING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERVISOR, SPINNING AND WINDING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERVISOR, SPINNING AND WINDING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERVISOR, SPINNING AND WINDING"
Job Number: 10770