Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in shaping logs or wood to form rough lumber, shingles, cooperage stock, lathes, and veneer stock: Reads work orders to determine type product to be produced and production schedule.
- 2) Instructs workers on machine setup to meet production requirements.
- 3) Inspects material during and after processing to determine that dimensions and grade meet specifications.
- 4) Directs workers to adjust machine setup or processing procedure to correct defects.
- 5) Performs duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
- 6) May inspect, grade, scale, and tally incoming lumber and verify invoices.
- 7) May compute wood requirements needed to meet production demands.
- 8) May supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in removing bark from logs prior to processing.
Is being a "SUPERVISOR, SAWMILL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERVISOR, SAWMILL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERVISOR, SAWMILL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERVISOR, SAWMILL"
Job Number: 7529