Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in operating superfractionation towers, absorbers, stabilizers, rerun towers, naphtha-desulfurizing units, caustic-wash units, separators, catalytic reactors, furnaces, stripper towers, and auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, engines, and compressors to separate light naphtha blends from crude naphtha, compound hydroformates from light naphtha, and extract products, such as benzene, toluene, and xylene from hydroformates: Coordinates operation of various units in system, according to run sheets, test books, order books, logbooks, gauge sheets, and pumping reports.
- 2) Observes recording-instrument charts, flowmeters, and gauges to verify specified temperatures, pressures, flow rates, and liquid levels.
- 3) Correlates instrument readings and tesst results to diagnose process malfunctions.
- 4) Inspects equipment and cathodic-protection system to detect defects and malfunctions, such as excessive wear, overheating, and leaks.
- 5) Directs workers in spraying catalyst beds with steam to regenerate catalyst.
- 6) Trains workers in procedures for correcting malfunctions in equipment.
- 7) Prepares bills of lading and manifests, inspects tank cars and tank trucks for cleanliness, and directs loading of cars and trucks to ship product.
- 8) May be designated according to product as Supervisor, Benzene-Refining.
- 9) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
Is being a "SUPERVISOR, PURIFICATION" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERVISOR, PURIFICATION" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERVISOR, PURIFICATION"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERVISOR, PURIFICATION"
Job Number: 10681