"SUPERVISOR, PICKING CREW"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in picking fruits, vegetables, and row crops, by hand or machine, and loading and stacking filled containers on trucks: Examines crop to determine degree of maturity.
- 2) Directs workers in methods of picking crops and specifies size of fruit or vegetable to pick.
- 3) Ensures that equipment, such as ladders and containers, are available to workers.
- 4) Directs distribution of field boxes along rows for convenience of workers.
- 5) Checks harvested products for size, quality, and variety, and informs workers of discrepancies.
- 6) Oversees loading and stacking filled containers on trucks.
- 7) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
- 9) May be designated according to type of crops harvested as Apple-Picking Supervisor; Cauliflower-Harvesting-And-Packing Supervisor; Orange-Picking Supervisor; Onion-Harvesting Supervisor; Peach Harvesting Supervisor; Watermelon-Harvesting Supervisor.
Is being a "SUPERVISOR, PICKING CREW" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERVISOR, PICKING CREW" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERVISOR, PICKING CREW"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERVISOR, PICKING CREW"
Job Number: 10626