Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in operating variety of woodworking machines to shape wooden parts or products by removing excess material: Analyzes work orders to determine production schedules.
- 2) Computes amounts of stock and supplies required for operations, based on production schedules, and requisitions materials from storage area.
- 3) Inspects and measures wood products, using pattern and rule, to verify conformance to company standards.
- 4) Directs workers in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products which fail to meet standards.
- 5) Trains new workers in setup and operation of machines.
- 6) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
- 7) May plan flow of materials through department and develop physical layout of machines according to work orders.
- 8) May lay out designs on stock to guide workers in machining operations.
- 9) May be designated according to department supervised as Supervisor, Finish-End; Supervisor, Rough-End.
Is being a "SUPERVISOR, MACHINING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERVISOR, MACHINING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERVISOR, MACHINING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERVISOR, MACHINING"
Job Number: 10537