"SUPERVISOR, MACHINE SETTER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in fabrication of structural metal products, applying knowledge of layout, product design, machine setup, capacities and output, fitting, and welding procedures: Analyzes work orders, workpiece, and blueprints to determine process, materials, machines, tooling, and sequence of operation.
- 2) Assigns tasks to workers, and specifies methods of coordinating workflow to meet production schedules.
- 3) Sets up machines, such as bending machines, spot welders, punch presses, drill presses, and brakes.
- 4) Instructs workers in operation of machines.
- 5) Inspects finished pieces visually and using precision measuring devices as rules, gauges, squares, and micrometers.
- 6) Supervises such processes as fabricating, welding, stock handling, and assembling.
- 7) Investigates malfunction of machines and equipment to determine need for repair.
- 8) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
Is being a "SUPERVISOR, MACHINE SETTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERVISOR, MACHINE SETTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERVISOR, MACHINE SETTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERVISOR, MACHINE SETTER"
Job Number: 10536