"SUPERVISOR, IDENTIFICATION AND COMMUNICATIONS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of officers engaged in gathering and identifying evidence and operating radio relay transmitters to furnish information to fire and law enforcement departments: Designs and installs criminal identification filing systems, such as fingerprint, photograph, modus operandi and name, criminal-wanted and crimes reported files, to facilitate information retrieval.
- 2) Directs exchange of criminal records between department and local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.
- 3) Prepares operator's work schedules to ensure round-the-clock coverage of radio transceivers.
- 4) Assigns officers to duties according to work load.
- 5) Verifies fingerprint classifications performed by IDENTIFICATION OFFICER to ensure accuracy.
- 6) Collects and processes evidence in homicide cases.
- 7) Testifies in court as qualified fingerprint expert.
- 8) Determines equipment needs and prepares and submits request for federal grants upon approval of DEPUTY SHERIFF, CHIEF.
- 9) Checks permit prior to hook-up of commercial establishment's burglar alarm to department's communication system.
- 10) Analyzes and resolves or assists subordinates in resolving work problems.
- 11) Estimates annual expenditures, prepares budget, and submits to superior for review.
- 12) Directs staff in preparation of activity and statistical reports.
Is being a "SUPERVISOR, IDENTIFICATION AND COMMUNICATIONS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERVISOR, IDENTIFICATION AND COMMUNICATIONS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERVISOR, IDENTIFICATION AND COMMUNICATIONS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERVISOR, IDENTIFICATION AND COMMUNICATIONS"
Job Number: 10482