"SUPERVISOR, HISTORIC SITES"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in investigating, acquiring, marking, improving, and preserving historic sites and natural phenomena in conformity with state policy.
- 2) Authorizes acquisition and improvement of sites, such as historic homes and battlefields, within allocated budget.
- 3) Recommends appropriation of additional funds where necessary to purchase or restore landmarks.
- 4) Negotiates with representatives of local governments, philanthropic organizations, and other interested groups to acquire properties.
- 5) Provides information and encouragement to private individuals or civic groups attempting to acquire and maintain landmarks not considered feasible for state acquisition.
- 6) Directs or participates in archeological research efforts in state parks.
- 7) Directs design, preparation, and installation of museum exhibits and historical markers.
- 8) Directs workers engaged in preparation of brochures, exhibits, maps, photographs, and similar materials to stimulate public interest in visiting sites.
- 9) Serves as custodian of historic documents acquired during research efforts.
Is being a "SUPERVISOR, HISTORIC SITES" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERVISOR, HISTORIC SITES" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERVISOR, HISTORIC SITES"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERVISOR, HISTORIC SITES"
Job Number: 10469