"SUPERVISOR, GREEN END DEPARTMENT"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in peeling veneer strips from logs and clipping veneer strips into sheets of specified sizes: Analyzes work orders to determine quantity, dimensions, and quality of finished plywood panels required by customers.
- 2) Computes initial log and veneer requirements for each order, allowing for shrinkage, trim work, and waste during processing.
- 3) Inspects peeled and clipped veneer for dimensional accuracy and to determine if maximum amount of usable veneer is being obtained, using ruler, dial thickness gauge, and tape measure.
- 4) Directs workers to adjust machines when work does not conform to specifications.
- 5) Trains new workers in operation of machines.
- 6) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
- 7) May supervise workers engaged in drying peeled veneer sheets.
Is being a "SUPERVISOR, GREEN END DEPARTMENT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERVISOR, GREEN END DEPARTMENT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERVISOR, GREEN END DEPARTMENT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERVISOR, GREEN END DEPARTMENT"
Job Number: 10460