Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers involved in loading and unloading crude oil and liquid and packaged petroleum products, such as gasoline, kerosene, fuel oil, motor oil, and grease into and from barges, ships, or tankers at marine terminal: Receives instructions pertaining to vessel movements, types and quantities of crude oil and petroleum products to be received or delivered, facilities to be used, and loading schedules.
- 2) Directs BOAT LOADERS I and STEVEDORES, DOCK in spotting and mooring vessels, in inspecting oil tanks, and in connecting oil pipelines.
- 3) Orders GAUGERS to open or close pipelines and tank valves to control and divert oil flow and to gauge and sample oil.
- 4) Reads gauging and pumping reports and bills of lading to verify receipt or delivery of specified products.
- 5) May supervise workers engaged in loading and unloading tank cars and trucks, and receiving, storing, and issuing petroleum products.
- 6) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
Is being a "SUPERVISOR, DOCK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERVISOR, DOCK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERVISOR, DOCK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERVISOR, DOCK"
Job Number: 10360