"SUPERVISOR, DAIRY PROCESSING"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in producing dairy products, such as milk, butter, cheese, and evaporated milk in liquid, solid, or powdered form: Directs workers in receiving and testing milk and in operations, such as pasteurizing, separating, evaporating, drying, cooling, and storing dairy products.
- 2) Feels, tastes, and smells cheese samples to determine types of cheeses required for specified blend.
- 3) Examines samples of evaporated milk, orders changes in cooking temperature, and adds measured amounts of calcium or phosphate to milk to obtain specified texture and viscosity.
- 4) May add specified amount of lactic ferment cultures to pasteurized milk to develop starter for sour dairy products, such as buttermilk, cheese, or sour cream.
- 5) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
- 6) May be designated according to type of product as Butter Production Supervisor; Cheese Production Supervisor; Instant-Powder Supervisor; or according to process as Pasteurizing Supervisor.
Is being a "SUPERVISOR, DAIRY PROCESSING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERVISOR, DAIRY PROCESSING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERVISOR, DAIRY PROCESSING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERVISOR, DAIRY PROCESSING"
Job Number: 10347