"SUPERVISOR, DAIRY FARM"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in milking, breeding, and caring for cows, and performs lay-veterinary duties on dairy farm: Assigns workers to tasks, such as feeding and milking cows, cleaning cattle, barns, and equipment, and assisting with breeding and health care.
- 2) Inspects barns and milking parlor for cleanliness and maintenance and informs workers of actions required to ensure compliance with established standards.
- 3) Studies feed and milk production records to determine feed formula required to produce maximum milk yield and notifies workers of diet changes.
- 4) Studies genetic and health records to develop schedules for activities, such as breeding, dehorning, and sale of calves.
- 5) Schedules breeding, vaccinating, and dehorning of cows and calves.
- 6) Observes cows during estrus and artificially inseminates cows to produce desired offspring.
- 7) Examines cows for evidence of illness, injuries, and calving, treats illnesses and injuries, delivers calves, and engages VETERINARIAN to care for serious injuries and illnesses.
- 8) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
Is being a "SUPERVISOR, DAIRY FARM" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERVISOR, DAIRY FARM" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERVISOR, DAIRY FARM"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERVISOR, DAIRY FARM"
Job Number: 10346