"SUPERVISOR, CORE DRILLING"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of field crew engaged in obtaining substrata core samples for analysis of geological character of ground, nature of ore, or type and strength of foundation materials: Directs workers engaged in transporting bulldozers, trucks, core drills, and other machinery and equipment to work area.
- 2) Directs workers engaged in boring operations and determines sequence of drilling, bit pressure, rate of feed, and location of drillings to comply with specifications.
- 3) Removes cores and samples of formations from borings, and conducts preliminary geological classification based on color and density of sample, and type of material, such as clay, gravel, or silt.
- 4) Marks location and hole number on sample or container for laboratory analysis.
- 5) Records location, depth, and soil content of borings for use as reference by design and layout personnel, and for inclusion in subsequent construction contracts.
- 6) Cooperates with property owners and municipal officials to avoid damage to property and equipment.
- 7) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
Is being a "SUPERVISOR, CORE DRILLING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERVISOR, CORE DRILLING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERVISOR, CORE DRILLING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERVISOR, CORE DRILLING"
Job Number: 10328