"SUPERVISOR, COMPUTER OPERATIONS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers operating computers and peripheral equipment: Assigns staff and schedules work to facilitate production.
- 2) Directs training or trains workers to operate computer and peripheral equipment.
- 3) Confers with programmers and operates computer to test new and modified programs.
- 4) Directs operation of computer to execute program, and observes operation to detect error or failure in progress of program.
- 5) Reads monitor and enters commands to help computer operators identify and correct errors.
- 6) Revises input data and program to continue operation of program, using computer terminal.
- 7) Notifies programming and maintenance personnel if unable to locate and correct cause of processing error or failure.
- 8) Revises operation schedule to adjust for delays, or notifies scheduling workers of need to adjust schedule.
- 9) Prepares or reviews production, operating, and down time records and reports.
- 10) Recommends changes in programs, routines, and quality control standards to improve computer operating efficiency.
- 11) Consults with supervisor about problems, such as equipment performance, output quality, and maintenance schedule.
- 12) Coordinates flow of work between shifts to ensure continuity.
- 13) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
Is being a "SUPERVISOR, COMPUTER OPERATIONS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERVISOR, COMPUTER OPERATIONS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERVISOR, COMPUTER OPERATIONS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERVISOR, COMPUTER OPERATIONS"
Job Number: 10314