"SUPERVISOR, CHOCOLATE-AND-COCOA PROCESSING"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in producing and packaging chocolate and cocoa products: Designates quantities and types of beans to clean, roast, blend, alkalize, and grind to make chocolate liquor.
- 2) Indicates time sequence, quantity, type of chocolate liquor, and formulas to use to make cocoa and coatings.
- 3) Trains workers in setting up and adjusting machines and equipment to achieve standards and correct malfunctions.
- 4) Reviews laboratory reports on quality control of products in process, such as shell content of nibs, fat content of cocoa powder, viscosity of coatings, and moisture content of alkalized beans.
- 5) Reads thermometers and pressure gauges on storage tanks and pipelines to verify specified temperature of liquids to prevent solidification.
- 6) Oversees roasting of cocoa beans for adherence to flavor, taste, moisture content, and color standards.
- 7) Inspects nibs for shell content and fineness of cracking.
- 8) Inspects grinding of nibs for specified fineness of chocolate liquor.
- 9) Tests liquor for fineness.
- 10) Directs mixing, refining, tempering, conching, and molding operations to make sweet chocolate and coatings.
- 11) Inspects products for specified viscosity, texture, color, and taste.
- 12) Directs workers engaged in insect and rodent control and in cleaning production and storage areas.
- 13) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
Is being a "SUPERVISOR, CHOCOLATE-AND-COCOA PROCESSING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERVISOR, CHOCOLATE-AND-COCOA PROCESSING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERVISOR, CHOCOLATE-AND-COCOA PROCESSING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERVISOR, CHOCOLATE-AND-COCOA PROCESSING"
Job Number: 10288