"SUPERVISOR, CEMETERY WORKERS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in preparing graves, maintaining cemetery grounds, and performing related work in cemetery: Confers with manager to develop plans and schedules for routine maintenance of grounds and graves and to ascertain number, nature, and time schedule for priority activities, such as grave digging and lining, grave-marker placement, and disinterments.
- 2) Determines crew and equipment requirements for each maintenance and priority activity and assigns specific tasks to subordinates.
- 3) Periodically observes ongoing work to ascertain if work is being performed according to instructions and will be completed on schedule.
- 4) Reassigns tasks of subordinates and confers with manager to adjust activity schedules.
- 5) Demonstrates and explains tasks, such as pruning shrubs and finishing cement, and use of equipment, such as backhoe, power lawnmower, and casket lowering device, to train new workers and improve performance of other workers.
- 6) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
- 7) May supervise workers engaged in opening and closing mausoleum vaults.
- 8) May supervise and oversee graveside services to ensure services are performed according to instructions.
- 9) May perform minor repairs on equipment, using handtools and power tools and applying mechanical knowledge.
- 10) May supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in installation of water and sewer lines, building and sealing of roads within cemetery, excavation of ground for preset vaults, and movement of equipment by trailer.
Is being a "SUPERVISOR, CEMETERY WORKERS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERVISOR, CEMETERY WORKERS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERVISOR, CEMETERY WORKERS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERVISOR, CEMETERY WORKERS"
Job Number: 10281