Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in construction, installation, and repair of wooden structures and fixtures: Examines blueprints to determine dimensions of structure.
- 2) Lays out floorplan and cabinetwork, using rule, framing square, and calipers.
- 3) Selects materials and structural units, such as lumber, prefabricated doors and cabinets of wood or plastic, and paneling, and inspects them to ensure conformance with provisions of building code and local ordinance.
- 4) Determines sequence of activities concerned with fabrication, assembly, and erection of structure.
- 5) Assigns workers to such tasks as cutting material to size, building concrete forms, erecting wooden framework, and laying flooring.
- 6) Inspects work performed by subcontractors, including ductwork, wiring, and pipe installations, to ensure conformance with specifications.
- 7) Installs doors, builds stairs, and lays hardwood floors.
- 8) May supervise workers engaged in building timber structures, such as cofferdams, trestles, and supports for concrete forms.
- 9) May make cost estimates for contracts.
- 10) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
- 11) May be designated according to area of specialization as Bowling-Alley-Installation Supervisor; Cofferdam-Construction Supervisor; Form-Building Supervisor; Timbering Supervisor.
Is being a "SUPERVISOR, CARPENTERS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERVISOR, CARPENTERS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERVISOR, CARPENTERS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERVISOR, CARPENTERS"
Job Number: 10271