Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in assembly, erection, and repair of boilers, tanks, vats, and pressure vessels: Lays out reference points of columns or plates on foundation, following blueprints.
- 2) Directs workers in selection of type and location of rigging and equipment to lift parts into position.
- 3) Directs welders to assemble unit.
- 4) Lays out location and position of drums and headers on frame to ensure specified alignment of tubes.
- 5) Verifies dimensions of accessories, such as chutes, fan stands, uptakes, stacks, and ladders needed to adapt boiler or tank to location.
- 6) Directs workers in repair of boilers, tanks, vats, and pressure vessels.
- 7) May construct templates of wood, paper, or sheet metal to facilitate layout tasks.
- 8) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
- 9) May be designated according to work activities or workers supervised as Supervisor, Boilermaking Shop; Supervisor, Field Assembly-And-Erection; Supervisor Mechanic, Boilermaking.
Is being a "SUPERVISOR, BOILERMAKING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERVISOR, BOILERMAKING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERVISOR, BOILERMAKING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERVISOR, BOILERMAKING"
Job Number: 10246