Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in constructing new areas and preserving golf course grounds: Plans work programs, utilizing experience and established agronomic practices, to improve and maintain turf and playing condition of course.
- 2) Plans new areas or changes in course and directs workers engaged in cultivation, grading, seeding, and sodding of area.
- 3) Reviews test results of soil and turf samples and directs application of fertilizer, lime, insecticide, and fungicide.
- 4) Tours grounds to ascertain work progress and condition of course.
- 5) Inspects turf to designate height and frequency of mowing, and determine need for supplemental irrigation to sustain or force growth.
- 6) Reviews and keeps employee time records.
- 7) Interviews, hires, and discharges workers.
- 8) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
- 9) May assign workers to short-course training sessions related to course maintenance.
Is being a "SUPERINTENDENT, GREENS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERINTENDENT, GREENS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERINTENDENT, GREENS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERINTENDENT, GREENS"
Job Number: 10121