Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates supercalender machine to impart specified gloss and finish to surface of paper: Positions roll of paper on machine reel stand, using hoist.
- 2) Fastens collar and alignment guides on shaft to secure roll, using wrench.
- 3) Threads paper around feed, calender, and tension rolls, and wraps end of paper around core shaft of rewinder roll.
- 4) Observes gauge and turns valve to control temperature by regulating flow of steam to calender rolls.
- 5) Turns handwheels to control tension of paper and pressure of rolls.
- 6) Inspects paper for dirt, slime spots, wrinkles, and compactness of winding.
- 7) Splices breaks in paper with glue or splicing paper, and seals splices with heated flatiron.
- 8) Tests paper samples for gloss and finish, using glarimeter.
- 9) Holds sandpaper against revolving rolls to remove lint and dirt.
Is being a "SUPERCALENDER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUPERCALENDER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUPERCALENDER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUPERCALENDER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 10117