Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls vacuum pan sugar boilers to concentrate sugar liquor and grow sugar crystals to specified size: Starts vacuum pump, and opens valves to admit specified amounts of liquor and steam into vacuum pan, and water into condenser unit.
- 2) Observes boiling of liquor through sight glasses.
- 3) Adjusts valves to maintain specified temperatures and pressures and obtain supersaturated solution without carmelizing sugar.
- 4) Opens valve to shock solution with panseed and start formation of sugar crystals.
- 5) Obtains samples of solution, using proofstick, and observes grain size under microscope to determine when crystals have grown to specified size.
- 6) Opens pan-feed valve to control growth of crystals.
- 7) Samples solution to ensure that sugar crystals remain at specified sizes as pan fills.
- 8) Closes pan-feed valve when pan is filled and continues boiling until solution reaches specified concentration of sugar-crystals and massecuite.
- 9) Turns valves to stop boiling and to break vacuum seal on pan.
- 10) Turns valve to dump sugar into mixing tank or crystallizer.
- 11) Washes and steams pan after dumping strike to remove sugar remaining on coils or calandria.
- 12) Records strike on station log.
- 13) May be designated according to type of liquor boiled as Soft-Sugar Boiler; White-Sugar Boiler; or according to stage in process as High-Raw-Sugar Boiler; Remelt-Sugar Boiler.
Is being a "SUGAR BOILER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUGAR BOILER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUGAR BOILER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUGAR BOILER"
Job Number: 644