Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles machinery components, such as operating cylinders, electric control cases, transmissions, clutches, and special tools, according to specifications: Transports specified parts from storage to work area manually or by using overhead crane.
- 2) Removes burrs and rough surfaces from metal parts with hand file or portable pneumatic grinder.
- 3) Brushes lubricant on moving parts and fits parts together on bench, following blueprints.
- 4) Inserts shims between parts to realign or level parts and verifies alignment and clearance of parts, using micrometers, scale, and gauges.
- 5) Bolts, screws, and rivets parts together, using handtools.
- 6) May operate hydraulic press to force bearings into sleeves and flatten rivets.
- 7) May set up and operate drill press, bench lathe, and speed lathe.
- 8) May connect electric wires to terminals of subassembly, using screwdriver.
- 9) May move subassembly to storage area, using overhead crane.
Is being a "SUBASSEMBLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "SUBASSEMBLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "SUBASSEMBLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "SUBASSEMBLER"
Job Number: 10093