Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates stroke-belt sanding machine to smooth flat surfaces or edges of wood furniture stock: Turns handwheels to set tension of sanding belt, adjust machine table height, and limit stroke of pressure shoe, according to thickness and length of stock.
- 2) Presses switch to start sander, and positions woodstock to be sanded on movable table located under sanding belt.
- 3) Presses lever to lower pressure shoe onto sanding belt and force belt against surface of stock to sand stock.
- 4) Pushes or pulls table to move stock under belt to smooth entire surface.
- 5) Feels sanded article to ascertain smoothness.
- 6) Cleans machine, using airhose and rags.
- 7) Replaces worn sanding belts.
- 8) May press belt against stock with pressure blocks to bevel corners and edges of stock or to smooth flat surfaces of ornamental stock.
Is being a "STROKE-BELT-SANDER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STROKE-BELT-SANDER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STROKE-BELT-SANDER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STROKE-BELT-SANDER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 10074