Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Lubricates stripping shovel used to remove overburden at strip mine or open pit: Observes panel to determine efficiency of automatic lubrication system.
- 2) Heats dope in dope box and sprays lubricant onto gears and other moving parts.
- 3) Oils and greases shovel while in operation, using hand grease gun and oilcan.
- 4) Inspects parts, such as swing pinions, boom pins, hoist gears, brakes, boom cable, and supports to detect wear.
- 5) Records production, repairs, and downtime.
- 6) May start driving mechanism of shovel and guide shovel into working position.
- 7) May operate stripping shovel.
- 8) May lubricate other mining and quarrying equipment and be designated Dragline Oiler; Walking-Dragline Oiler.
Is being a "STRIPPING-SHOVEL OILER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STRIPPING-SHOVEL OILER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STRIPPING-SHOVEL OILER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STRIPPING-SHOVEL OILER"
Job Number: 10070