"STRIPPER, LITHOGRAPHIC II"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Positions negative or positive film on layout sheets to assemble single or multiple color film flats used in production of lithographic printing plates, according to customer specifications, using precision measuring instruments and artist's work aids: Touches up negatives to conceal pinholes and other imperfections, using artist's brush and opaque material or examines positive film, using magnifier, and repairs broken lines and incomplete and missing halftone dots, using needle and crayon pencil.
- 2) Tapes layout sheet or grid to illuminated table and positions masking sheet and transparent plastic sheet over layout sheet to prepare for positioning of film.
- 3) Positions film negatives or positives on masking sheet or transparent plastic sheet according to predetermined reference marks on layout sheet and inserts halftones, screen tints or four-color process negatives in windows of base negatives or complementary flats, using tape, triangles, straightedges, dividers, and magnifiers.
- 4) Inverts assembled film flat on table and cuts windows behind image areas of negatives or positives, using razor blade or artist's knife to allow exposure to plate or film.
- 5) Routes completed negative or positive flat to platemaking department for preparation of positive or negative lithographic printing plate or proof.
- 6) May select screen tints to be inserted in film flat, using knowledge of dot percentages required to obtain specific colors.
- 7) May draw ruled lines and borders around negatives or positives, using scribing tools.
Is being a "STRIPPER, LITHOGRAPHIC II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STRIPPER, LITHOGRAPHIC II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STRIPPER, LITHOGRAPHIC II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STRIPPER, LITHOGRAPHIC II"
Job Number: 10065