Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine to grind and polish slate products, such as flooring, mantels, and coping, to specified thickness and cut grooves in bottom surface of slate to increase adhesion to mortar bed: Selects spacers according to distance between grooves and positions saw blades and spacers on machine arbor, using wrench.
- 2) Turns handwheels to move grinding wheels and blades into grinding and sawing position according to thickness specified for stone and depth of grooves.
- 3) Places slate strip on conveyor, moves conveyor guides against stone, and tightens guides in position, using wrench.
- 4) Turns valve to spray water on grinding wheels and sawing blades.
- 5) Starts machine and places slate strips on conveyor that feeds strips between grinding wheels and saw blades of machine.
- 6) Removes stone from conveyor and places stone on pallet.
Is being a "STRIP POLISHER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STRIP POLISHER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STRIP POLISHER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STRIP POLISHER"
Job Number: 10046