Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates lathe-type winding machine to wind wire or other materials over core of wire, nylon, or gut to make musical instrument strings: Places looped end of core over one end of machine and attaches core to other end of machine.
- 2) Places spool of winding wire or nylon on spool holder and threads end through loop on core.
- 3) Starts machine and guides covering material along rotating core.
- 4) Stops machine and cuts covering material with shears or wirecutter.
- 5) Clips one end of core with wirecutter and removes it from machine.
- 6) May wind more than one strand of wire or nylon over core.
- 7) May wind colored silk or rayon on string ends for trim, identification, or protection.
- 8) May specialize in winding bass strings and be designated Bass-String Winder.
Is being a "STRING-WINDING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STRING-WINDING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STRING-WINDING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STRING-WINDING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 10045