Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates machine to stretch metal sheet, strip, or rod to specified length or flatness, or correct extrusion twist and contour defects: Adjusts stretcher blocks to size of metal, using wrench.
- 2) Lifts and positions material in stationary vise.
- 3) Measures metal and compares dimensions to those specified to determine stretch required, using micrometer, tape measure, and tolerance tables.
- 4) Moves controls to clamp metal in stretcher jaws and starts machine to stretch material.
- 5) Verifies amount of stretch by visual inspection or meter readings attached to vises.
- 6) Removes metal and places it on level table to test flatness.
- 7) Records crew time and production record.
Is being a "STRETCHER-LEVELER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STRETCHER-LEVELER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STRETCHER-LEVELER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STRETCHER-LEVELER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 10032