Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Stretches and dries household articles, such as blankets, curtains, and linen tablecloths that require special treatment to protect delicate fabrics and retain desired measurements, using any of following methods: Attaches article to projecting wires of adjustable stretcher and pushes, or rotates frame on locking pivot, to position article in drying cabinet.
- 2) Attaches curtains or blankets to horizontal frame mounted over steampipes and turns valve to allow steam to heat pipes and dry articles.
- 3) Adjusts levers to clamp and stretch drapes and comforts in horizontal frame of drapery former.
- 4) May card blankets with wire-bristled handbrush to raise nap or feed blankets into carding machine.
- 5) May touch-up bindings and ruffles with hand iron.
- 6) May guide ruffles of curtains through grooved, heated rollers to fluting machine that press fluting in fabric.
- 7) May fold and stack articles.
Is being a "STRETCHER-DRIER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STRETCHER-DRIER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STRETCHER-DRIER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STRETCHER-DRIER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 10031