"STRESS TEST TECHNICIAN"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Produces recordings of electromotive variations in action of heart muscle, using electrocardiograph, while patient walks on treadmill, under direction of physician, to provide data for diagnosis of heart ailments: Attaches electrodes to patient's arms, legs, and chest area, according to specified pattern, and connects electrode leads to electrocardiograph, to obtain electrocardiogram.
- 2) Explains testing procedures to patient and obtains consent form.
- 3) Starts treadmill at speed directed by physician.
- 4) Starts electrocardiograph and records data, such as angle and speed of treadmill, patient's indications of pain, and measurements of blood pressure.
- 5) Informs physician of wave abnormalities on electrocardiogram.
- 6) Stands alongside patient during test to lend support if necessary.
- 7) Removes recorder strip printout from machine upon conclusion of test to obtain permanent record of test.
- 8) Edits and mounts representative samples of tracings for patient's record, indicating time of test measurement and bodily factors that could have affected recording.
- 9) May conduct electrocardiograph test of resting patient.
Is being a "STRESS TEST TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STRESS TEST TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STRESS TEST TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STRESS TEST TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 2558