Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates rolling machine to straighten warped or bent metal plates, bars, or sheets: Threads workpiece between rolls of machine manually or with crane.
- 2) Turns handwheels or nuts to adjust tension between one or more sets of aligned drive and adjustment rolls.
- 3) Pulls lever to move workpiece through rolls of machine.
- 4) Hammers or pries workpiece into alignment, using hammer or pry bar.
- 5) Examines work for straightness, using straightedge and plumb bob.
- 6) Inserts shims under bulges and repeats process to straighten workpiece to specifications.
- 7) May be designated by product straightened as Bar-Straightening-Machine Operator; Plate Roller; Wire-Straightening-Machine Operator.
Is being a "STRAIGHTENING-ROLL OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STRAIGHTENING-ROLL OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STRAIGHTENING-ROLL OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STRAIGHTENING-ROLL OPERATOR"
Job Number: 9994