Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up machines to shape noses of brass or steel bullet jackets and assemble jacketed bullets for small arms cartridges: Installs punches and dies, feed pipes, magazines, guides, pins, and bushings to accommodate size bullets to be processed, using handtools.
- 2) Turns setscrews and stop nuts to regulate automatic feeding, transporting, pressing, and ejecting mechanisms, and to adjust microswitches.
- 3) Operates machine and examines assembled bullets for defects, such as dents, scratches, or malformations, and verifies conformance to specified dimensions, using gauges.
- 4) Operates speed lathe and bench grinder to reshape or polish punches and dies.
- 5) Replaces worn or broken machine parts, such as springs, pins, die bolts, screws, and washers.
- 6) Gives instructions to new workers in machine operation and use of gauges.
Is being a "STRAIGHT-LINE-PRESS SETTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STRAIGHT-LINE-PRESS SETTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STRAIGHT-LINE-PRESS SETTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STRAIGHT-LINE-PRESS SETTER"
Job Number: 9996