Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that conveys rectangular glass over grinding and polishing wheels to obtain pencil edge and to polish edges: Places glass on grooved conveyor with top edge of glass against guide.
- 2) Attaches weights to top of glass or pulls lever to lower pressure roller that forces glass against grinding and polishing wheels.
- 3) Turns handwheel to regulate speed of conveyor according to type of glass.
- 4) Starts flow of coolant and polishing compound to grinding and polishing wheels.
- 5) Turns glass to finish other edges and removes glass from machine.
- 7) Observes quality of glass edge to determine need for wheel dressing or adjustment, and lowers or raises wheel by turning nut with wrench; or reads ammeter to determine grinding load and notifies maintenance department to adjust wheels.
- 8) May wipe polishing compound from edges with cloth.
- 9) May maintain record of number of pieces edged.
Is being a "STRAIGHT-LINE EDGER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STRAIGHT-LINE EDGER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STRAIGHT-LINE EDGER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STRAIGHT-LINE EDGER"
Job Number: 9995