Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Selects and secures written material and supervises staff writers who prepare scripts to be used for television or motion picture productions: Reviews and evaluates writers' work developed during previous associations, samples presented by agents, and material received from other sources to select writers and subject material compatible with established styles, concepts, and formats.
- 2) Recommends purchase of material judged to be suitable in developing scripts.
- 3) Confers with production head regarding selection of writers and material.
- 4) Hires, assigns, and supervises writers who prepare scripts for production.
- 5) Reviews writers' work and gives instruction and direction regarding changes, additions, and corrections.
- 6) Rewrites, combines, and polishes draft scripts, as necessary, to prepare scripts for production.
- 7) Reads stories and other material obtained from various sources and evaluates potential for development into scripts.
- 8) May assign staff members to write synopses, treatments, adaptations, scripts, and continuity when working on motion pictures.
Is being a "STORY EDITOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STORY EDITOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STORY EDITOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STORY EDITOR"
Job Number: 9986