Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cuts, shapes, and finishes rough blocks of building or monumental stone according to diagrams or patterns: Traces around pattern or transfers dimensions from diagrams to stone, using rule, straightedge, compass, square, and chalk or scriber.
- 2) Selects surfacing tools according to finish specified or step in finishing process.
- 3) Chips fragments of stone away from marks on stone, working surface of stone down to specified finish.
- 4) Verifies progress of finishing to ensure adherence to specifications, using straightedge, level, plumb, and square.
- 5) May dress surface of stone with bushhammer.
- 6) May cut decorative designs in stone surface.
- 7) May cut moldings or grooves in stone that cannot be reached by machine.
- 8) May drill holes in stone.
- 9) May be designated according to product as Building Stonecutter; Curbing Stonecutter; Monument Stonecutter.
Is being a "STONECUTTER, HAND" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STONECUTTER, HAND" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STONECUTTER, HAND"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STONECUTTER, HAND"
Job Number: 9965