Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers concerned with ordering, receiving, storing, inventorying, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and parts, in stockroom, warehouse, or yard: Plans layout of stockroom, warehouse, and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
- 2) Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped, methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock, and related problems.
- 3) Studies records and recommends remedial actions for reported nonusable, slow-moving, and excess stock.
- 4) Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels.
- 5) Schedules work for special and periodic inventories.
- 6) Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock-control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- 7) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
- 8) May supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in handling of merchandise in stockroom or warehouse of retail store and be known as Head of Stock.
Is being a "STOCK SUPERVISOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STOCK SUPERVISOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STOCK SUPERVISOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STOCK SUPERVISOR"
Job Number: 3527