Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects furniture parts for defects and repairs defective parts: Examines furniture parts, such as table and cabinet tops, end panels, and furniture legs for knot holes, cracks, splits, scratches, raised veneer, and defective sanding.
- 2) Selects filler to match color, type, and species of stock piece, and fills cracks, holes, and dents with filler, using putty knife.
- 3) Places electric iron on repaired wood defect to dry filler.
- 4) Smooths rough places with sandpaper and hand plane.
- 5) Verifies pieces inspected against cutting orders.
- 6) Orders replacement parts, indicating number of pieces needed, pattern number, and dimensions.
- 7) May cut out defects, using portable electric saw or knife, and glue patch for patch strips in cutout area.
- 8) May fill splits with glue and clamp stock for specified time to allow glue to dry.
Is being a "STOCK-PARTS INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STOCK-PARTS INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STOCK-PARTS INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STOCK-PARTS INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 9946