Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Receives, stores, and issues equipment, material, supplies, merchandise, foodstuffs, or tools, and compiles stock records in stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard: Counts, sorts, or weighs incoming articles to verify receipt of items on requisition or invoices.
- 2) Examines stock to verify conformance to specifications.
- 3) Stores articles in bins, on floor, or on shelves, according to identifying information, such as style, size, or type of material.
- 4) Fills orders or issues supplies from stock.
- 5) Prepares periodic, special, or perpetual inventory of stock.
- 6) Requisitions articles to fill incoming orders.
- 7) Compiles reports on use of stock handling equipment, adjustments of inventory counts and stock records, spoilage of or damage to stock, location changes, and refusal of shipments.
- 8) May mark identifying codes, figures, or letters on articles, using labeling equipment.
- 9) May distribute stock among production workers, keeping records of material issued.
- 10) May make adjustments or repairs to articles carried in stock.
- 11) May determine methods of storage, identification, and stock location, considering temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capacities, and required space.
- 12) May cut stock to size to fill order.
- 13) May move or transport material or supplies to other departments, using hand or industrial truck.
- 14) May maintain inventory and other stock records, using computer terminal.
- 15) May be designated according to material, equipment, or product stored as Camera-Storeroom Clerk; Oil-House Attendant; Wire Stockkeeper; or work location as Wine-Cellar Stock Clerk; or stage in manufacture of material or goods as Finished-Goods Stock Clerk; or container in which goods are stored as Drum-Stock Clerk.
- 16) May receive and store incoming shipments of yarn, thread, or jute stock and verify color standards of shipment and be known as Color Standards Clerk.
- 17) May be designated: Custodian, Blood Bank; Food-Storeroom Clerk; Hogshead-Stock Clerk; Material Stockkeeper, Yard; Mold Picker; Paint Stocker; Pattern-Room Attendant; Printing-Plate Clerk; Sack Keeper; Template-Storage Clerk; Refrigerator-Room Clerk.
- 18) May receive, store, and sort unserviceable equipment and supplies for sale, disposal, or reclamation and be known as Salvage Clerk.
Is being a "STOCK CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "STOCK CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "STOCK CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "STOCK CLERK"
Job Number: 9930